Getting Started with Edmodo
Welcome to Edmodo! We are excited to bring teachers, students and parents across Egypt together in a digital community where teachers and learners come first!
First time Edmodo users, start here
- Locate the login credentials provided by the Ministry of Education
- Go to Edmodo –>Your Username is Email ID and your password as “egypt[teacherID]” (for example: “egypt1726354”) —> Click the “Log in” button
- The first time you login you will be directed to change your name and password. Make sure to click the “Change Password” button
- Learn how to quickly setup your digital learning communities by following the Getting Started with Edmodo resources below
Welcome to Edmodo
Are you a School Administrator?
Before Students and Teachers set up their accounts, please follow these steps to create classes and assign Teacher to classes
- Login to Edmodo using the above instructions
- Click on the profile icon located on the top left side of the page
- In the drop-down, select “Switch to School/District Admin”
- Click on the “Page” tab located near the top right of the page
- Click on “Class Directory” located on the right rail of the page
- Click the blue “Create Class” button
- Follow prompts in the Create Class window to create classes and add Teachers to their specific class. Click here to watch a video tutorial
- When prompted to select a grade do not select “None”. Choose any other option
- Close window and create more classes, or click “Go to Group” to go to the class
1 – 2 – 3. A Starter Guide for Teachers
Step 1: Login and Personalize Your Edmodo Account
Personalize your account to introduce yourself to your classes, and connect with other teachers in your school, your Governorate, and across Egypt.
- Login to Edmodo. You will be automatically added to your school community so that you can instantly connect with colleagues.
- Fill out your teacher profile. Upload a photo, add office hours, and share a little about yourself. This will really help you connect with students, parents, and colleagues alike
Step 2: Engage your students by setting up your Classrooms
Teach, assess, and engage your students in one place. Setup digital learning communities where sharing, participation, collaboration, and inclusion are the rule!
- Verify that your School Administrator has completed the School setup process
- When you login to Edmodo your Classes should have been automatically created for you. You will see them on the right side of your home screen. To view all of your Classes, click on ‘All Classes”
- We encourage you to post a friendly welcome Note to your Classes. To do so, click “Start a discussion, share class, material, etc…”. Students will see the Note when they view a Class
- To to create an assignment or quiz, click on the “+” icon in the bottom left corner of your class title